About Oyster Master Guild
Oyster Master Guild is an international network of oyster sommeliers, oyster shuckers, growers, purveyors, and supporters who are committed to advancing oyster appreciation and service standards through education, training, and community.
About the Level 1 Oyster Appreciation Fundamentals Course
This course covers the foundational knowledge and skills of oyster appreciation, including oyster species & appellations of North America, oyster biology, a bit of oyster history, how to taste and describe oysters, how to shuck oysters properly, sustainability, nutrition, how to select and buy oysters, and how to give and get the best oyster experiences. No prior experience necessary!
About the Scholarships
The Jetty Rock Foundation is proud to support 8 students looking to further their oyster knowledge in hopes of furthering their career.
The scholarships are offered once per year and will be evaluated based on the application below. Jetty Rock and Oyster Master Guild hope to support those who may not have financial needs to cover the costs of the class.
• Recipients will receive access to the Level 1 Course and Exam as part of the scholarship.
• Anyone can apply, no restrictions based on location.
• While experience in relevant fields is a plus it is not required.
• The application period will close on 1/31/2024 and recipients will be notified by 2/12/2024.
• The OMG L1 Online Course is self-paced and available to start at any time.
• The course will be made available for 180 days after enrollment.